The Ultimate Tudor Watch Review 2019 with top rated customer reviews.Some people somehow perceive Tudor to be a kind of cut-price Rolex type brand. Sure we can agree that the Tudor brand is definately a lot more affordable. However there is a lot more that is similar than dis-similar. For example Tudor’s resemblance to Rolex are more than superficial. Actually both brands were founded by the same watchmaker and share many components! Therefore you can rest assured be at ease with the top quality and heritage that Tudor watches bring to the table …
Simply CLICK the green product BUTTONS for more details …
Best Tudor watches for SALE
Table of Contents
Simply CLICK the green product BUTTONS for more details …
- Classic outdoor design
- Stainless steel bracelet
- Analog-quartz Movement
- Case Diameter: 43mm
- Water resistant to 50m (165ft: in general, suitable for short periods...
- WATER-RESISTANCE for swimming, snorkeling and even for a professional...
- ADJUSTABLE solid stainless steel triple-row link bracelet, brushed...
- A TOP TEN DIVE WATCH rated by Adventure Junkies – Luminous Hands,...
- PROTECTIVE scratch-resistant hardened mineral crystal, made to...
- SWISS QUARTZ Stuhrling Original specialty Ronda 515 movement. Fold...
- Watch featuring logo at 12 o'clock, Tritnite luminous hands, and three...
- 40 mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window, Water resistant...
- Japanese quartz movement with analog display
- Stainless steel triple-row bracelet with fold-over clasp
- This watch has a Screw-down crown. It also has a fold over clasp
- Date display
- Luminous hands and markers
- 100m WR
- Case Size 44 millimeters
- Hardlex Glass
- 41mm Case Diameter
- Mineral crystal.The diving bezel has also been upgraded to be 120...
- Japanese-automatic Movement
- Water Resistant 200m (660ft): in General, Suitable for Professional...
- Stainless steel watch with blue nylon strap and blue dial with orange...
- Hours, minutes, seconds, date
- Swiss-quartz Movement
- Case Diameter: 42mm
- Water resistant to 100m (330ft): in general, suitable for swimming and...
- Round watch featuring corrugated unidirectional bezel, luminous...
- 40 mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window
- Japanese automatic movement with analog display
- Also features stainless steel link bracelet with fold-over clasp and...
- Water resistant to 200 m/660 ft. Length-210mm. Size-20mm. Buckle-Diver
How Good are Tudor watches?
Tudor and Rolex both share the same founder, Hans Wilsdorf, who founded founded Rolex some 41 years before the Tudor brandearlier. With Rolex established as his flagship brand.
Wilsdorf idea was to appeal to a broader market with the more affordable Tudor brand. Wilsdorf declared in a 1952 full-page newspaper advert, ‘I have been considering a watch that … could sell at a more modest price than our Rolex watches…’
Tudor watches and Rolex watches share almost all parts with their Rolex big brother watches including cases, crowns, hands, dials, bracelets and crystals. That amounts to almost everything.
Having said the above one would logically ask, where was money saved then? The answer is that money was typically saved using cheaper watch movement. This meant using less accurate movements from the likes of Fleurier.
This combination of affordability and the dependability of a Rolex attracted many military customers to the Tudor brand including the French, Canadian and US Navies.
During the quartz crisis, a slow and almost irreversible decline of Tudor occurred. Consequently Tudor watches entered something of a hibernation period, retreating out of many markets. This left Rolex to build on its growing popularity in all markets.
The rest is history, everyone has seen the phenominal strenght and growth of Rolex. A good way to quantify the growth can be expressed by comparing the price of the Rolex Submariner since the start of the new millennium.
Amazingly the price of the Submariner has doubled. It is quite evident from the social media buzz and profiling that the Rolex brand has moved onwards and upwards to new heights in it’s prestige.
In the meantime Rolex decided the time was right to re-invigorate the Tudor brand with a kind of reboot in 2010.
Tudor watches are the perfect fashion accessory
Tudor’s resurrection was greatly facilitated with the introduction of the Heritage line, starting with the Heritage Chrono.
2012 was a great year with the astonishing news that the Heritage Black Bay and Pelagos dominating the Baselworld watch show. Most would agree that sure the Pelagos did bring something new to the table, generally the Heritage models were positioned to bring more colour and flamboyancy to the market than Rolex would allow for itself.
Tudor Watches are the perfect accessory to and take with you wherever you go. Take a look at our individual product featured reviews to get a more in depth appreciation of each product specification as well as our own Full Review and analysis.
What would Hans Wilsdorf think about all this development over the years? In that 1952 advert, he also wrote, ‘The instructions I gave that Tudor must be the best possible watch that could be made to sell at a medium price, have been magnificently carried out.’ What do you all think? Would he say the same today?
Lets take the the Rolex Submariner as the benchmark. If we do then the Tudor watch is a top class viable alternative with remarkable features and specification for its price.
Yes sure when compared to Rolex, it will lag behind with regard to details but it has no real rival at its price point that are better. So according to the marketing genius of Mr. Wilsdorf it appears that Tudor has performed to his requirements and maybe if he were still alive today he would be proud to give the Tudor watch brand his personal endorsement.
Tudor watch review – Tudor watches any good?
Tudor watch review by watchiwatches
Hope this Tudor watch review has helped you with a little extra insight into the Tudor watch brand. why not consider comparing it to peer group Top 10 Watch Brands? Try our Compare watch brands category on the main menu.
Compare Tudor watches
Looking to compare Tudor with other Luxury watches?
Tudor vs Rolex
Here is a good starting point to compare Tudor vs Rolex watch review.
Watchiwatches is the best review site with the best luxury watch reviews. Hope you have found this Tudor watch review useful helping you to find your favorite Tudor watch. Tudor is a sister company to Rolex. You can view our Rolex reviews in the Rolex watch review to find the watch most suitable for you.
Cover Image and licence coutesy of Flikr.com
Last update on 2019-12-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / All Prices incl. tax, excl. shipping.